JC Penney’s new ad for Father’s Day
The text reads:
“First Pals: What makes Dad so cool? He’s the swim coach, tent maker, best friend, bike fixer and hug giver—all rolled into one. Or two.” The text at the bottom reads: “Real-life dads, Todd Koch and Cooper Smith with their children Claire and Mason.”
HELL TO THE MUTHAFUCKIN YES.
Posts tagged parenting
Good Parenting: Exhibit 1 (overheard at work today)
- 6-year old: Mommy, why is that man dressed like a lady?
- Mother: That is a lady. She was just born with the wrong body.
- 6-year old: How did that happen?
- Mother: Nobody really knows. But she's working to fix it, and that's what's important.
- 6-year old: Okay! *runs up to obviously self-conscious woman*
- 6-year old: Hey! Miss!
- Lady: ...yes?
- 6-year old: You look really pretty in your skirt!
- Lady: Thank you!
- *Kid skips back to her mom, and literally everyone in the vicinity smiles*
Zach Wahls, the college student whose testimony for marriage equality in Iowa went viral on YouTube, is doing a series of news events with In The Life media as a promo for his new book, My Two Moms. (I bought the book a couple of days ago and I’m almost done - totally worth the read. Also, I really want to meet him.) More.
"Love makes a family." YES.
Surviving the World comic by Dante Shepherd. Text reads: “If it is harder and scarier for you to explain to your children why some people love each other than for you to explain to your children why some people should be treated less than equal, you’re doing it wrong.” Beside the picture, Dante stands with his three-week old baby in his arms, pretending to be lecturing it.